Monday, November 15, 2004

Lost post

I was working on a post - a good 45 minutes into it. Writing away. Streaming about some goings on around here. Decided I'd spell-check what I had.

The whole thing disappeared.

Something to do with a pop-up blocker. I don't even know. I don't care.

I'm just frustrated as hell now. And this was after writing about something entirely different for 15 minutes, then deciding it was going nowhere and changing gears.

Maybe this will teach me to write offline, or pay attention to what the hell I am doing. Of course I am writing this directly in my blog. I have to learn the VERY hard way.

Grrrr.


4 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Allan said...

A lesson we have all learned, Peter.

I recommend using NoteTab Lite for offline editing. Good HTML support.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Alison said...

OMG. I SO know how you feel!

Sometimes it takes a long time to learn. I just lost some writing yesterday...I'd fallen back in the habit of writing while online.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger bothenook said...

yup, ali knows what it's like, and she gets crap from me and allan when she forgets. i hate getting a really good head of steam up, writing insightful and pity comments, only to lose them because i wanted to go get a link or something, and forgot blogspot kills your post if you don't open a new window instead of surfing away. we all have to learn. i'm still screwing up, but at a much smaller frequency than before.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have learned, peter, after many lost posts due to dialup snafus, to write "important" things in Word, then use cut and paste. saves me many hours of regret and saves my puter from a thrashing. love u.

kelli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?