Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Double Duty

Today I finally start a second job. Nothing glamorous. Just a night gig at a local store. After a few weeks on the floor, they will have me be their night manager of the courtesy desk. ResearchGuy has people skills



This is where I had hoped to not end up. I suppose it is common for the divorced dad with child support payments. It's sad though that to keep a roof over my head for the kids to spend time with me, I need to work more and see my kids less.

All in all I know I am lucky to have one job let alone two. I'd like to think I could do something different, but I don't think I do anything better than what I currently do for my "real job." I suppose it is a matter of translating those skills to something different, and selling myself to fill the job.

I also admit that change scares me. We all like our comfort zone. New is exciting and good, but familiar is far more comfortable.

Also benefits aren't what they used to be. I need to make sure my kids stay covered, and jumping to a new job could leave them exposed. COBRA is available, but pricey. What's a non-custodial, caring, hardworking dad to do?

I should be excited, but I feel more like I am heading down a dead-end. Let's hope that it passes once I get to work tonight.









2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Allan said...

What's a non-custodial, caring, hardworking dad to do?


Just what you are doing. Being a responsible, loving father. Your kids are very fortunate to have you.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger bothenook said...

got that right. how many kids out there aren't as lucky as yours are? you are a good man, pete. don't let the task ahead daunt you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?