Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sock It To Me

I didn't want my obituary to read "he died in a bizarre footwear incident." Damn if it didn't almost.

Let me preface this by saying all parties involved were clothed.

It is winter still, and yes it can get cold. But die Bücherstutze still likes being barefoot, as she was last night while working on the laptop while sitting on the bed. Coming over to her with the laundry I was folding, I placed a hand on one of her feet and apparently, I had nice warm hands. So after a little footrub to help warm the tootsies, I suggested a pair of socks from the basket.

I was about to pop one on her foot when I stopped and decided to pre-warm the sock by breathing into it. I know you've all done this with gloves - so have I. But never before with a sock. Never again.

Big hot breath into the sock, wind up for the second with a quick inhale and apparently I pulled a sock fuzzy right into my windpipe. Gak. Hork. Uh oh. Not good.

Took about 5 minutes trying to clear it before I could catch a breath. Kinda scary. A lot stupid. Embarrasing yes, but my first words once the tears cleared: "boy this will make a heck of a blog entry"

5 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Allan said...

Choking is a very scary thing.

I almost bought the farm over a small piece of crusty bread a few months ago.

Thank goodness Alison was there to help me dislodge it.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger CoffeeGirl said...

Those truly were his first words. I am not sure which feeling of mine came first... "Thank God the colour is coming back into his face and he's breathing!" OR "Oh my God...did he say "blog entry"??? What am I getting myself into?"

However, the fact that he actually tried to warm the sock up before putting it on my foot speaks volumes in itself. I LVOE THIS MAN! :-)

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger bhd said...

EEK!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger ptooey said...

Y'know, I think nearly everyone has had one of those choking accidents - chunk of stew meat here. But I think you probably take the prize for originality. I'm afraid I just laughed at your expense. Sorry about that. But I'm glad you're okay.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

sock sucking... LOL.

sorry to hear about your near miss with footwear.

HUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?