Monday, February 07, 2005

About Damn Time

I should offer an apology for my absence. I just didn't feel inspired or motivated to write about anything, I've been busy with both jobs and felt absolutely uninteresting. What changed? Some interactions with a wonderful person - a true visionary soul who made me realize my worth (or rather, reminded me of it.) And some music I discovered by Imogen Heap. I have placed a lyrics link on my blog. Her voice just stirs things within me - fear, hope, desire, loss, pain, release. It just clicks with me.

Also, a very dear friend is now in Iraq, just outside the Baghdad airport. This is her first active deployment downrange in her 15+ years in the military. She is excited, I am nervous. But like the second-string QB who finally gets some real game experience, THIS is what she has trained for. Her reason for being in the Army. All I want is for her to come home - hopefully intact. Keep her and all our other soldiers in your thoughts.

Lastly, at 129,000 miles, the "service engine soon" light just came on my '99 Nissan Altima. I hate the thought of spending large sums of $$$ to find out I need my gas cap replaced. I hate cars.



5 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Nice to have you back, Peter.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger bhd said...

For the life of me I cannot imagine you uninteresting.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

Glad to see you back in the blogosphere, my friend.

And as for this wonderful person... sometimes it takes a new person in our lives to remind us. Those of us that have known you for a while and tell you those things, well you know that we think that already, right? ::hug::

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Yibbyl said...

Welcome back, Peter!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Allan said...

It's about damn time! Welcome back, Peter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?