Sunday, November 28, 2004

When We Give Thanks

Thanksgiving posts usually have that sappy drip of, "oh how grateful I am for all I have." No shit. That IS the idea. I realize that every day which is key to living well in the big world.

I am also grateful for things that I HAD, but no longer do. I am grateful for the things I DON'T have which we don't need to list, but let your imagination run. I'm sure you'll get the idea.

But I do want to say thank you to my friends. People that choose to be friends with me and have given me so much in so many ways.

BHD, hobbitt, and Lily - you made me feel more welcome and comfortable being myself than I have in a while. Spending the day with wonderful and real folks like you is something that I treasure, and hope to do again.

LA - my best friend whom I've known since 1982. You've been my truth & concsience, my guide & confidant. You've never failed me even when I denied you. You are the one-in-a-million that we are lucky to find.

Jen, the friend I've never met. We share so much, know so much, and feel so much the same way. It's spooky! You know we will always be great friends even if we never occupy the same physical space - we are always in each other's heads.

Katie & Jess, every day you share the cycnical laughter of a jaded old man. It's nice to know that your curmudgeon training is going well. You gals rock!

Kelly, even though you'll be far away in harm's way, I know you'll be OK. What we've been through has shown we will live through anything.

Jay - nothing more needs to be said (The less we say, the less we get in trouble.)

KK - you've taught me that it IS always possible to go on.

My RP family - you have given me many smiles & laughs, and even shared sorrows. Every one of you are a blessing in your own way.

If I've not mentioned you directly, please don't feel hurt - this is just one of those things that just gets rattled off and comes from the heart. I didn't plan to leave anyone out.









2 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

We will occupy the same physical space one day. Really.

(and how the hell DO you keep finding your way into my head?)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger kellikat said...

who the fuck is KK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?