Tuesday, November 30, 2004

$1.87 for Regular

I was excited to find a gas station with regular under $1.90. Wow - first time in a while it's been that low. I almost called someone to tell them "yeah guess what? I'm paying $1.87 right now for regular. What did YOU pay?" I'm a dork like that sometimes. But I can also remember 2 years ago when gas made the last jump to stay over $1.00. It's funny. Many of us recall our parents commenting "I remember when gas was 35¢ a gallon..." and we thought they were corny. Now here we are.

6 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Allan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Allan said...

[GAK! I just noticed a typo in my original comment. So here it is again (the comment, not the typo).]I remember when gasoline was 35 cents. And cheaper when stations would get into price wars.

Those were the days.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Allan said...

I give up.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

We're hovering around the $1.90 mark around here these days. It was very cool when we went to Tennessee over the holiday to pay only $1.68 in Georgia. Wished I could have strapped an extra tank to the car and bring some back with me.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger kellikat said...

i don't buy gasoline. well, unless i am doing an arson job.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger bothenook said...

well, i'm a geezer, and remember paying 25 cents a gallon for ethel, for my racing bike in high school. regular was 21 cents, and a pack of camel cigarettes was 17 cents. how time's have changed. of course, water was free, and noone ever thought that you would buy it in a store at rates that exceed those of gasoline.
and if we were committing arson, we siphoned the gas because nobody had locking gas caps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?