Saturday, February 12, 2005

OK, So Who Wants To Get Laid??

Today a friend referred to a gentleman acquaintance's motivation being that he "probably wanted to get laid." As a man, I quietly asked myself "well, duh - who doesn't?" But I realized the context, and stepped back to examine more fully what this really means to me.

I am a man. I like sex. So far so good. But here's where the incredulous headshake comes in on your part. I'm going on record to say I do not believe I have ever gone out to meet someone soley for the purpose of knocking boots.

What?

Yeah, it's true. I'm a bit of a throwback I suppose. Sort of old-fashioned & gentlemanly. A nice guy. Former Boy Scout. Fairly clean-cut. But does this make me a prude or dysfunctional? Not at all. I guess if all I wanted was a sure-thing for one night only, there are ways to pay for it. But I'm not about that.

I like to say to my friends "I may be easy, but I'm not cheap." The other side of that coin should read "...and I'm actually pretty damn picky." If a woman captures my fancy, then I am usually examining the potential of a relationship. And if she is someone with whom I wouldn't want to be involved in a relationship, why even go anywhere else with it?

Guys are dogs, you say. Yeah, we are. Pack animals. In the company of the pack, we all howl, we all talk the tough talk and boast about what we could do with that little number in the corner. Truth is, get most any one of us alone and the behavior changes.

So I am willing to wait for when the situation is right, the person is right, and everything will be right.

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

"Truth is, get most any one of us alone and the behavior changes."

Yes... but if you're only like that when you're alone with a (your) woman, how real are you being with her or with your friends? Of course, I don't mean you personally, I mean men in general. Is it any wonder we all have a difficult time finding that "special someone" when we're not quite sure what we're getting?

And no, there is no incredulous headshake here. Just because you didn't "go out" seeking someone soley to have sex with doesn't mean you haven't actually done that. ;) :lol: :hug:

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger bhd said...

knocking boots?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jen said...

It sure is refreshing hearing your point of view!

 
At 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to say to my friends "I may be easy, but I'm not cheap."Spoken like the cheap bitch you are.

;) LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?