Tuesday, February 08, 2005

You Owe Me a Coke

...If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

If you had the luck of the Irish
You'd be sorry and wish you were dead
You should have the luck of the Irish
And you'd wish you was English instead!

We place so much weight on luck. We give credence to the belief that good luck or bad luck follows us, cycles around us, and factors in the daily occurrences of our lives.

There have been good things that have been happening on occasion, mostly random things that were unplanned. But the things I have thought about, have hoped for? I'm pretty much 0-for-everything. I have the Schleprock factor working for me. Witness the following:

- Buffalo Bills: 0-4 in the Super Bowl

- Buffalo Sabres: 0-2 in Stanley Cups

- Voted for Gore

- Voted for Kerry

- Wanted Letterman to replace Carson

- Bought stock in Commodore instead of Microsoft


You get the idea. But maybe my luck is changing. The Red Sox won the World Series. Phil Mickelson won the Masters. I rooted for both.


Baby steps. Take what you can. ;)

2 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Allan said...

You're due.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

For every "loss" or piece of bad luck you've encountered, I'm sure there has been something good. Maybe not of the magnitude that you would have liked, but sometimes good things come in small packages, right? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?