Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Dark As My Soul

There is no light
We feel our way through
Stumbling on the mysteries
Not wanting to know
The truth that tripped us
Cursing the darkness pleases us
It's easier
It's easier

In the dark is no pain
In the dark is no sadness
In the dark is no ugliness
In the dark is no loneliness
In the dark everything is familiar

There is no light

In the deep of darkest nights
I lock myself up
With no room for you
Not even the silhouette
Falling from your side
There is no room
It's easier
It's easier

In the dark is a warmth
In the dark is a comfort
In the dark is a soothing
In the dark is a home
In the dark everything is familiar

There is no light

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Anica said...

Pete, this is incredible poem and so relavent to life. But without light we cannot grow as a human being. Darkness is deceptive and cruel which is very subtle.
anica

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can so understand embracing the darkness.

Beautiful words, Pete!

*hug*

~M~

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger b said...

It sounds like you're having it kind of rough, Pete. AND some frack-ass spammed you blog! Hang in there, write soon - light doesn't need an invitation, it comes, it comes.

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pete.

I so relate, completely.

I wish I could give you a hug, all in person like, and let all the comfort that I can muster (and then some) pass through it.

Hopefully the thought alone provides some... and possibly you feel the darkness so deeply because you are a light.

Thank you for shining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?