Saturday, June 25, 2005

Wheels, Eyes, Clocks

So here we are officially in summer. What does that mean for me? Driving hell. Many of you know that I am in the NY Metro area. Fridays after work is a madcap free-for-all with people getting the hell out of the city, heading for the Jersey Shore. People from Manhatta, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Connecticut, Westchester - all have to converge on MY route home. A 37-mile trip took over two hours last night.

I grow weary of this. I have been putting up with it for nearly five years.

The traffic starts, crawls, stops. Starts again, inches, stops.

sigh

So what do I do to make the most of it? Well I have an idea. I am thinking of more photography of other people in their cars - some candid, some not, and making a Drive-by blog of photos I take. But I am hoping for some feedback here about that idea, what you folks think. I thought perhaps if I do that, I should get a little sign that says "see you on pdhski.blogspot.com" so they know what the hell it is I'm doing.

Or is that just too weird like everything else I think up??

(poll removed as it was broken)

6 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger bhd said...

I would worry about you being trapped in traffic while snapping pics of people around you. If you can do it discreetly (i.e., not provoke your own assault/battery/attempted murder) then I'm all for it, and would look at it every day.

I'd also worry that it would develop into an obsession for you. But that's likely just my own fears...

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't vote in your poll -- there's a Mysql error of some srot.

I'd like to echo BHD's concerns about you getting your butt kicked by some psycho on the turnpike.

But with all that said, I still think it'd be awfully funny. LOL

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

I got the same error as Beanie when I tried to vote in your poll.

I agree with the other ladies, as long as you don't put yourself in any danger, have at it!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

Is there any way you can wait to go into work late on Friday, then leave later Friday evening? or skip Fridays all together?

I think that wasting two hours of my life in traffic would drive me crazy! start dictating a book, or call your friends on the phone. ahem...

and if you do go ahead with your pics plan, be discreet. You would know best about the agitation level of those around you. Just be safe. cuz i care.
;-)

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more vote for you to do it, as long as you can do it safely.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Go for it!

Be safe and get the good on film!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?