Thursday, June 09, 2005

After The Long Romeo Void

I have to look at the positive, and remind myself that the flipside of the "it is what it is" coin says "never say never." I'm not sure exactly what that means - perhaps that while some things are destined to be, sometimes you just never can tell. And that makes life just SO much simpler now, doesn't it? And this doesn't refer to anyone or anything. It's just one of the observations I've made about life.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Yes I am back after another prolonged absence. I appreciate your patience.

Here's a confession for those who don't already know: I write daily for work as part of my job. Sometimes I get sick of words. The words I have to write suck all the nice thoughts about words I want to write right out of my head. I find it difficult to locate inspiration when I slip into that rut. Niggling little complaints I have to respond to in an oh-so-nice way, cursing under my breath the whole time. It's not unhealthy, just unproductive for someone who likes to write these entries and share bits of my life and myself with you.

Tonight's inspiration? Mozzarella cheese sticks. With ketchup. Yes it's not a healthy thing, and with the ketchup, I know a lot of you are sticking your tongue out and wondering if I am one of those boors that puts ketchup on everything. No, I am not a ketchup junkie. Somehow it happened to be available one night for the cheese sticks and it just worked for me. What can I say? A tasty treat and guilty pleasure. Yes nothing quite like breaded & fried cheese to get the heart in tip-top shape.

But I will give due credit to mozzarella cheese sticks tonight, as they may just have kickstarted this blog once again. Why, I even feel motivated enough to fire up a batch of mint iced tea. Who knows where else this will lead?

OK - I better pace myself or I am bound to sprain something, or worse, be all kinds of sore and tight tomorrow. I missed doing this and I am glad to be back again.

6 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as long as it is Heinz Ketchup, you're still okay in my book. ;)

And if you ever get the chance to try clove iced tea, do.

You'll never go back.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

Ketchup? Hmmm. Do please have some marinara on hand for my mozzarella sticks when I'm there, please. ;)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger ResearchGuy® said...

Marinara gives me heartburn :(

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please! Paul Newman's Sockaroonie sauce is the *only* thing to use as a mozzarella dip. :) Take a Tagamet if you need to.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger bhd said...

MMmmmm. Deep-fried cheese. Why not dip it in some mayonnaise? You know, to jack the cholesterol countand make life even more interesting.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

yes fried cheese can change your life. Wonder why they only use mozerella for fried cheese sticks? funny that.

i have the same feeling about art that you have for words. Seems since i create silly graphics for the garbage can all day, i have lost the taste for doing fine art. Must remedy that situation. STAT!

i am glad that you are blogging again. Yea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?