Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm Not Half The Man I Used To Be...

OK - well, not that close, but there's definitely 10% less of me around now. The e-mail went out at work on January 3rd: "Want to bet $10 that you can do it? Get ready to take the 10-10-10 challenge! Put $10 into the “pot” and lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks! Everyone who loses 10 pounds or more will split the “pot”! The biggest “loser” (greatest weight loss) will also win a bonus gift!"

I signed on. I was feeling unhappy about my recent trip upwards on the scale. I weighed in starting off at my heaviest ever - 210. A bit much on a 5'10" frame ,unless you are an NFL running back.

I watched what I ate - portion control was key. I didn't NEED two helpings, two slices of pizza. I tried more veggies & salads. I drank a LOT more water. I stopped eating after 8pm. I didn't really add that much exercise other than more walking. I didn't deny myself anything, though. Just did it sensibly. 5 peanut M&M's rather than a whole bag, for example.

8 pounds came off the first 2 weeks. w00t! Then through the next 7 weeks, 9 more. Right up to last weekend, I was at about 17 pounds. Very happy was I.

So here it is, 10 weeks later, the final weekend passed, and the final weigh-in.

I dropped 22 pounds! Hell if I know how the last 5 came off, but I hit 188! That is my "OK" weight" which I sure can live with. 180 would be a dream, and now I am within reach. I didn't ever think I could be this successful. It's pretty amazing that I have the ability to do this. Last year I don't think I would have been emotionally capable. I owe a lot of it to things happening in my life this year (in case you missed it...)

So you'll be seing less of me around.

7 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's excellent, Peter.

Remember, it's not about the number, it's about how you feel.

Seems to me you're feeling prety darn good these days. :)

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you, Peter.

I always feel good when my clothes start feeling loose.

That is my scale of success.

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Both Ali and Allan. Woot!!!!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger David said...

Eggslllent!

Damn good for you, Ski!

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

22 pounds?!?!? dammit. you beat me! i'm only at 16 pounds right now. :(

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger An Urban Femme said...

Awesome! Way to go, Peter!

 
At 4:10 AM, Blogger Alexandra said...

You rock, WT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?