Sunday, January 01, 2006

And A New One Just Begun

MY favorite holiday. I have met some folks of late who look upon New Year's with dread, and I don't understand why. Here we are at day one - everything before is wiped out. It's the great do-over, the chance to say "let's start fresh with no screw-ups."

New Year's is one of the few things I am truly optimistic about. To be certain, I don't set unrealistic goals or make ridiculous resolutions. I just smile and know that I have the opportunity to do things better this year. That knowledge alone tends to make me feel better about most things.

Happy New Year to you all.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great perspective on it, Peter.

Happy New Year.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Alexandra said...

Amen, brother! I always look at New Years as a big, blank notebook--with pages to be filled full of new life.

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?