Saturday, November 20, 2004

The Dating Pool

Dating as an adult is FAR different than anything ever encountered in my youth. For one thing, women are a lot pickier now it seems. I thought perhaps this was a misconception on my part, so I took a look at a well-known dating site. I selected a random zip code and browsed some of the ads from guys in my age range to get a sense of the "competition". Maybe I just wasn't measuring up to the available male dating population. Here's what I found:

I was First Team All-Star on my cell block's BBQ team.

My first big break was as a stand-in for Eric Stoltz in "Mask". Now I'm hoping to land some work on a David Spade flick.

B!!! Butthead!!!

Well, it worked to get Paulina Porizkova, didn't it?

I have a third eybrow. It is on my chin.












2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

The thing that's so funny is that these men actually think that these are the best pictures they have of themselves. Then again, maybe that IS the problem. They think they're the best pictures of themselves, not realizing that what they consider a good picture of themself is not necessarily a picture that would attract a woman.

Speaking as a single adult woman, I don't consider myself "pickier" than I was in my youth. I do care about things that are a whole lot different than I did back then. Knowing someone, really getting to know someone, can make someone I wouldn't normally give a second glance to the most attractive man I've ever met. There are things that are far more important than movie-star good looks. It took becoming an adult to realize that.

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

: ) Yeah I see you've really got a tough road ahead of you, but thank GOD for your personality, right?

You are silly. I like that a lot.

Steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?