Sunday, May 15, 2005

It Is What It Is

I am not the most dilligent blogger, but I go on inspiration & quality (my definition.) I can't be the kind of writer that writes at least two lines every day. No offense to those who do that, and apologies to anyone I disappoint with my far-too-long absences between posts.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Right now I am happy and frustrated. I try to make the best of where I am, and I usually do. But lately it's hard to not want more. And I think in doing just that, I have opened myself up to that frustration I feel.

A good friend of mine often says "it is what it is." as her mantra. Makes sense. There are so many things that I just don't have control over, yet I find myself getting all twisted up about this or that. I suppose old habits die hard for folks that wear their hearts on their sleeve.

So now it's all about evaluating what is, and just waiting for whatever comes.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger newwavegurly said...

We can only control so much, P. Sometimes we just have to let things happen in their own time.

Yeah, I know...easier said than done. For us both.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is what it is....until you decide to make it something different. Remember, Peter, that you can make your own reality sometimes. You just have to have the courage to do it.

When you give yourself permission -- for success, for love -- you will be amazed what can happen.

Just know that we all love you for who you are, -- not for who you think you should be.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Joni said...

That frustration can be rough, but it can also be the seminal push to move you toward something better. Trace it to its roots and explore it for any signs of what you can do to improve things. You'll move through this one way or the other, but working with it can shorten the time it takes. In the meantime, here's a :hug:

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger laprincessa said...

I obviously can't give you anymore sage advice than these lovely ladies have done, but I CAN suggest an action. Try gardening.

Really.

It teaches the utmost patience and shows you that in time all things change.

Honestly, because of gardening, I now understand how to be patient enough WHEN making changes in my life. Create your own reality, P - it IS possible.

Oh look, I went and gave you advice anyway. :hug:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am worth $2,551,026 on HumanForSale.com
How much are you worth?